Tuesday 3 March 2015

A few things for the night.

First off, "Strange Waters, Small Mercies" has been uploaded in FLAC. No scans yet, but if I'm doing one, I'm doing a heap at once.


Second of all, I uploaded all the photos I took at The Ears gig onto Facebook, those can be found here.

Last of all, after posting about The Ears, and subsequently Dogs In Space, I present for your listening pleasure:

Dogs In Space Expanded Soundtrack




This version of the soundtrack has been expanded, thanks to the effort of PLM. His original post on it can be found here. In that post is a message from Richard Lowenstein, the director of the film. He states that as a 50% owner of the soundtrack, we can all download it without consequence, as a reissue is nigh on impossible. The link can be found here. Some really quality stuff on here especially the re-recording of Pumping Ugly Muscle, that's such a killer track.

So that's a few things knocked off the list, but me being back at uni may limit when and what I post, only time will tell. Until next time!

P.S. : Next up will be an out of print (OOP) album from one of the bands on this soundtrack, three guesses who!

10 comments:

  1. Alright, my guess is the last boys next door album " the birthday party" which could almost be the first birthday party album "the boys next door "

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's strike one. I actually haven't heard much of any Nick Cave related material, never got into him and his related bands. I guess I've been waiting for a decent reissue to get stuck into.

      I heard Liberation Records did a deal to get access to The Birthday Party's full catalogue, but nothing's eventuated from it as of yet, just like that rumoured Moodists compilation. Such a shame.

      Delete
    2. There was a moodist 2cd comp, called two fisted art, hard to find though

      Delete
    3. Woops, you can get it at wminc. Com.au

      Delete
    4. I have a FLAC digital copy of that one, but it never really had anything going for it. It didn't have all of the studio tracks, and had a good mix of live tracks, but never enough of each.

      I don't believe that site has been updated since 2003 or 2004, but I keep seeing more copies pop up here and there, so maybe it is still active. Apparently Basement Discs has 4 copies at $32 each, which is pretty damn good seeing as I've seen it for $50 or $60.

      Delete
  2. Actually, Might be wrong on that, think the birthday party one was released after prayers on fire, so not the first

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope all's going well, when's the next post?
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey G-Man.

      Uni's been kinda hectic as of recent. I'll try and up some more stuff this weekend.

      Saw some of the recent stuff you posted, lots of good comps for me to listen through. Cheers for the Chad's Car, Tactics 2 and Garden Path comps.

      Delete
  4. Im in the middle of re up loading the albums you hit me up for Raga, on the SSS blog, we shall have to link blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for the reups Bob, if there's anything you're after in the list I sent you, let me know and I'll put it up.

      Already had you linked on mine for quite some time, thanks for returning the gesture in kind.

      Delete