Saturday 16 January 2016

Round 2

Well, we'll try that again.

The spotlight uncertainly stirs again.

As promised from the last blogpost (last year!), here's the 2002 Whirlywirld compilation: The Complete Studio Works. (MP3 Format for now)


Even having three separate releases making up this compilation, the album feels whole, and complete opening and closing on two very solid tracks. I believe one more track has been officially released on the Alternative Animals compilation, which may join this post on another day.

Out of print for quite some time, but certainly worth tracking down. CD Baby have a few copies of the CD left, amongst other sites, but I can't see a physical re-release happening for quite some time.

Here's hoping I stick around a while longer this time. Even with the threat of uni looming once more, I'm planning for at least a post a week.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back raga, good luck with the blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this! I've had a CDR copied from a cassette recording of the vinyl for like 15yrs, but nice to have the cleaner sound quality :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries Mark!

      That's certainly dedication, but it's always nice to have a copy lying about.

      I've got plenty of other Aussie Underground artists from around this era, life's just gotten in the way of any consistency with this blog..; Anything you might be searching for?

      I might ultimately upload a batch of the out of print stuff I have and just do a dump of it, but we'll see..

      Delete